Autism Spectrum Disorder is a developmental disability characterized by deficits in communication abilities and social skills, and often includes restrictive and repetitive behaviors.
Research shows early intervention can make a significant difference in a child’s development. The Mary Free Bed at Covenant Center for Autism offers specialized diagnostic and intervention services, including Applied Behavioral Analysis, for optimal growth.
Who we serve
Who we serve
Symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder often appear before the age of two, such as:
- Delayed language development or not talking at all
- Limited or no eye contact
- Little or no pretend play
- Not responding to name at the age of six months
- Repetitive behaviors and/or unusual attachment to objects
- Rigid adherence to routines.
We’re an Approved Autism Evaluation Center (AAEC). Before treatment can begin, a diagnosis of autism from an AAEC is required by Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Care Network. An autism diagnosis is required for all patients to receive ABA therapy.
How we help
How we help
Our specialists will identify your child’s strengths, struggles and needs to develop an individualized treatment plan that improves:
- Functional communication
- Social and play skills
- Independent living skills, such as getting dressed.
Supervised by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), ABA therapy is an intensive, evidence-based treatment technique for autism that uses positive reinforcement and other specialized strategies to help improve your child’s overall functioning.
Treatment takes place in a safe and friendly environment. Depending on your child’s individual plan of care, it may include:
- Between 20 and 40 hours each week of ABA therapy.
- One-on-one therapy with a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT), supervised by a BCBA.
- Social skills training with near-age peer groups, supported by an RBT.
- Monthly training in which you and other caregivers will be actively involved, learning effective strategies that will help support and generalize skills learned to home.
- Constant collaboration with your child’s caregivers, school and other external support systems to coordinate care.
Our autism program offers services for children ages two through eight.
Make an Appointment
If you’d like to schedule a diagnostic service or if your child already has an ASD diagnosis and you’d like to start ABA therapy, call 989.671.5740.